Havana and Beyond – A Taste of the Cuba Libre
It’s a historic time to be going to Cuba. Our trips in 2015 and 2016 were big hits, so we are offering another trip in 2017!
Learn from and about our rapidly-changing neighbor in the Caribbean – Cuba – while connecting with Peace Corps friends old and new on this exclusive NPCA Next Step Travel – Cuba program.
Highlights and Overview
- Visit to the colonial city of Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit to a performing arts school
- Meeting with the Friendship Institute to discuss US/Cuban relations
- Meeting with an economist to learn more about Cuba’s changing economy
- Cultural visits to museums and performances
- Visit La Vigia, Hemingway’s home in Havana
- Visit to an urban garden to learn about sustainability
- Visit with a neighborhood block organization for a unique People-to-People exchange
Download the preliminary itinerary (as of 15 December 2016 - subject to change).
This trip is operated by Global Exchange.
$3,995 per person
- April 15 - 22, 2017
- RT air from Miami to Cuba, Cuban visa, and mandatory Cuban health insurance
- Four star accommodations, in-country transportation, translation, a fluent English-speaking guide/facilitator, and two meals daily (except first and last days)
- Preparatory materials
- NOT included are expenses of a purely personal nature, trip insurance, luggage fees, extra beverages, gratuities for guides & driver, 5.5% registration fee
- Single room supplement (a room without a roommate) will incur an additional cost
Minimum group size: 10
Maximum group size: 25
This exclusive opportunity is open to NPCA members and their guests only. Not yet an NPCA member? Join now for free!
Sign me up to go to Cuba! But hurry - registration deadline is March 1.